The Centre for Writing in English (CWE) aims to:
- Tailor consultations to meet individual academic writing needs across levels of proficiency.
- Offer workshops on academic writing.
- Create academic writing guides and tip sheets.
- Compile primary academic writing references to be available to CWE users.
- Coordinate wih faculty the application of comparable teaching practices of academic writing across the English Language and Literature program.
- Provide criteria for standardized assessment of academic writing across the English Language and Literature program.
- Students will demonstrate preparedness by arriving to consultation sessions with relevant materials.
- Students will demonstrate self-reliance by identifying which parts of their writing sample on which to focus during the consultation session.
- Students will demonstrate problem-solving and creative thinking ability by planning next steps in the writing process on the basis of points raised during consultation sessions.